Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala and Naan


Most Friday nights we go out to dinner as an end of the week celebration/ date night, but we ordered pizza on Thursday so we wanted to stay in. Not willing to give up my desire for take-out Indian, I got googling and found this amazing recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala. I have never attempted to make it in the past because of the crazy amount of spices and steps involved, but this recipe is simple, easy, and delicious! The full recipe can be found at Cooking Classy, here is a photo from that site:


I was too excited to take many pictures but here is the tomato, yogurt, onion sauce with all of the beautiful spices resting on top.

To go with the Tikka Masala, I also made Naan bread. It was extremely difficult to pick a recipe because they all call for different cooking methods and ingredients. I picked the recipe that I had all of the ingredients for, but baked it quickly at 550 instead of grilling it as recommended. It was great tasting bread, but not quite Naan bread. 


Tonight we are making a rosemary foccacia out of the leftover dough, which I will be sure to post about since I know it is going to be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment