Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pumpkin Doughnuts

Last weekend I put down my drafting pen for a few hours and completed my first Daring Baker's Challenge! This month we all made doughnuts, any type was allowed but a few suggestions were given. Being completely obsessed with Pumpkin September through December, I chose to make the Pumpkin Doughnuts.

This was the first time I have ever made doughnuts, or fried anything for that matter! They were wonderful, I couldn't believe they looked like doughnuts, smelled like doughnuts, and tasted like doughnuts! After they cooled a little, I coated them in cinnamon sugar and filled them with pumpkin butter! Delicious!

The recipe can be found here: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Pumpkin-Doughnuts-with-Powdered-Sugar-Glaze-and-Spiced-Sugar-Doughnut-Holes-230926

1 comment: